Listing some of the things on the internet and offline that I enjoy[/ed] in my free time.
- Houston, We Have a Podcast. [webpage]
- Humans of AI: Stories, Not Stats with Devi Parikh. [webpage]
- Food, But We Digress by Alex (French Guy Cooking) [spotify]
- The Anthropocene Reviewed with John Green [spotify]
- Women in STEM Career & Confidence by Hannah Roberts [spotify]
Tracking my books in 2021&2022 on Notion.
- The Harry Potter Series, J.K. Rowling
- The Lord of the Rings Series, J.R.R. Tolkien
- Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Old Man and the Sea, Ernest Hemingway
- The Martian, Andy Weir
- The Great Gatsby, Scott F. Fitzgerald
- The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd; Murder on the Orient Express; And Then There Were None, Agatha Christie
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams; Borrow from OpenLibrary!
- Braiding Sweetgrass, Robin Wall Kimmerer
- Deep Work, Cal Newport
- The Emperor of All Maladies; The Gene, Siddhartha Mukherjee
- The Simpsons and their Mathematical Secrets, Simon Singh; I’d recommend this the most if you like math humor in a TV show.
- Endurance, Scott Kelly
- What If?, Randall Munroe
- Lean In, Sheryl Sandberg
- A Mathematician’s Apology by G.H. Hardy; read this after I watched this incredible video!
- The Cathedral and The Baazar, Eric S. Raymond
Inspired by coffee pages from other researchers: Justine Sherry, Divyansh Kaushik, Akshay Narayan, I have curated coffees I enjoyed in India and Amsterdam. I enjoy brewing with Aeropress and Mokapot (and sometimes espresso)!
- Rum Baba Coffee Roasters
- Simon Levelt has a large selection of good quality coffees and teas
Kerehaklu, a 70 year old estate in Chikmanglur supplies coffee to multiple coffee roasters across the country; I have sampled most of their coffees and loved it!
- Third Wave Coffee Roasters
- Blue Tokai Coffee Roasters
- Toffee Coffee Roasters
- KC Roasters
- Instant Coffee from VS Mani Co.
I like these cafes for both the coffee selection and the foods they have. I have enjoyed both brewed specialty coffee and cappuccinos at these places.
- Blue Tokai Coffee Roasters, Bangalore. They source wonderful sourdough breads from Sour House India and have quite a delicious selection of open toasts.
- Third Wave Coffee Roasters, Bangalore. Their selection of classic bagels is a perfect addition to your coffee.
- Dyu Art Cafe, Bangalore. A pretty location and beautiful interiors. Their scrambled eggs are exactly how scrambled eggs are supposed to be: light and fluffly!
- Roastery Coffee House, Hyderabad.
- Feranoz, Hyderabad. The best patisserie in the city, their cakes and desserts are the best I’ve tasted so far! They have a good selection of coffee and freshly brewed teas to go with your desserts.
Note: If you want general recommendations for best foods to try and best places to eat in Bangalore and Hyderabad (and not just cafes), drop me a message.
Text me on twitter if you have any recommendations!